Mental health and diet are inextricably linked. Depression and anxiety can contribute to an increase or decrease in appetite. This, in turn leads to potential issues regarding your physical health. Gippsland Counselling Group can help you work through your issues regarding your diet and how it affects your mental health (and vice versa).
Dieting in itself can have negative side-effects, including depression, anxiety, irritability, obsessive thoughts about food, and binge-eating. The most effective weight loss programs are those that combine diet, exercise, and assessing your mental health on a regular basis. (Source)
Gippsland Counselling Group will assist you with the following:
- Developing healthy eating habits
- Therapy centred around your mental health and how that impacts your diet
- Managing food addiction
- Avoiding self-sabotaging behaviour
- Reworking your weight loss narrative to dispel self-fulfilling prophecies
- Keeping momentum once you have begun to successfully lose weight
It’s a fact of modern life that body image plays a part in a person’s sense of self. Our Weight Loss Counselling program will help you change your mind about how you approach food. Talk to us today.